GeoFilza is a new Filza file manager replacement for iOS 12 to iOS 12.1.2 released by the security researcher GeoSn0w. Here’s how to download & install GeoFilza on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch devices running on iOS 12 to iOS 12.1.2.
HOW GEOFILZA WORKS?
The developer GeoSn0w added the voucher_swap exploit by Brandon Azad to the Filza file manager and developed the modified Filza and named it as GeoFilza, starting with his own name. Thus it escapes the sandbox and gets ROOT access, so ultimately allows you to customize the files on your device.
GeoFilza is still limited since it only offers the read capability in most of the directories. Only /var/ and /tmp sub-directories possesses read/write permissions i.e., we can access as well as edit the files present in it. Other than the these two directories, no other directory has write permission. This also limits the app’s ability to allow users to customize their devices by modifying the default system values.
Earlier an error message “The main binary was modified” was shown by the app on iOS 12 due to its in-built DRM. GeoSn0w contacted the original developer of Filza to get DRM-less version of the app. Then he incorporated the DRM-less app into his Geo filza. Its now working without any issues on iOS 12 devices.
GeoFilza is compatible with all the devices running on iOS 12 to iOS 12.1.2 at this moment. A9-A11 device (iPhone X and below) and iOS firmware version are fully compatible.
Any of the A12 devices iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max are not supported until v1.2. But from v1.3, GeoSn0w added the support for A12 devices too.
The support for 4K devices got added in v1.4 – iPhone 5s, iPhone 6/6 plus, iPod Touch 6 – are now compatible.
In the recent release v1.5, GeoSn0w added fixes for iPad PRO 10.5/iPad Pro 2/iPhone X.
- You can modify/delete the existing files and can even create a new one using this application.
- Can be used to extract/unzip the compressed/zipped files in one click.
- You can clear/remove unwanted files such as caches, cookies etc. which occupy the storage unnecessarily.
- You can even access the OS system files and can even remove it. But it’s advised not to mess with those system files as it can result in permanent damage of your device. If you are not sure of what you are doing then it’s better not to do anything with the system files.
- It is important to be noted that all the above things will not be working for you if you are using the default file manager.
DOWNLOAD GEOFILZA ON iOS 12 WITHOUT JAILBREAK
We are providing two working methods to install this file managers on your iOS devices. The first method does not require any PC but seconds method requires PC to install this application.
Method – 1
INSTALL GEOFILZA WITHOUT COMPUTER
There are some third-party applications like Appvalley, Panda Helper, Topstore, etc are allow us to install apps without any computer. These are basically singing services offering services for free. If you install apps from these third-party app stores, You may have in-app ads. But these ads are minimal and won’t interrupt in between using the application. Follow the simple steps given below to get this application your iOS devices.
- Tap the install button given below to install this application.
- Small prompt will appear on the screen. Tap install one more time to continue the installation process.
- Once the installation completed, Go to Settings>> General>> Profile and Device Management, and trust enterprise certificate related to GeoFilza.
- Now you can find the app on your device menu along with other applications.
Method – 2
INSTALL GEOFILZA WITH COMPUTER
In this method, We are manually signing the application using computer. As we are manually signing the application, We won’t get any in-app adverts.
1. Computer running on Windows, Mac, or Linux
2. Cydia Impactor
3. iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running on compatible firmwares
4. USB cable
5. Internet connection
To Install this app on iOS devices we need two files. One is Cydia impactor and another one is GeoFilza IPA file. CydiaImpactor is a utility app with GUI for installing IPA and APK files on iOS & Android devices. You can get the Cydia Impactor from Cydiaimpactor.com. Before downloading Cydia impactor make sure you get the compatible version for your computer OS. Now follow the step by step procedure given below to install the this file manager.
- Tap the download link given below to get the latest version of GeoFilza ipa.
- Now connect your iOS device to your computer system with the help of USB cable.
- Launch CydiaImpactor utility. Wait for few seconds till Cydia Impctor detects your iOS device. If you device is not appearing the Cydia imactor menu, Select it manually from drop down menu.
- Navigate to the location where IPA file was saved. Dragging the IPA file and drop it into the CydiaImpactor interface.
- A small prompt will appear on the screen asking for Apple ID and Password. Enter them and Click OK.
- App will be installed on your iOS device within a minute or two.
- Now go to Settings>> General >> Profile and device management. Find the profile for Geo Filza app and trust it.
- Now, You can find this application app your iOS device app menu.
Though GeoFilza gives us read and write access till /var directory, We can still install some tweaks and customize the iOS device. Try it once, I am sure you are going to love the app. Having any issues while installing the app? Tell us through comment section below. We will get back to you with possible solution